Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
Tamil Nadu Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme shall be open to all rural households (Household means a nuclear family comprising mother, father, and their children, and also single parent/single member households) in the areas notified by the Government of India. The entitlement of 100 days of guaranteed employment in the financial year is in terms of households. The 100 days entitlement of a household can be shared among the members of that household. Within the said entitlement all adult members of the household can register and apply for work, provided they are local residents. This implies they must be residing within the village Panchayat/special village Panchayat area and willing to do unskilled manual work. They may apply as an individual or a household to the local village Panchayat. For More Details Visit Ministry of Rural Development Website
- MGNREGS is to enhance the livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
- In Tiruvallur District the scheme is implemented from 2008-09.
- Creates productive assets and provides basic amenities.
- The auxiliary objective is to strengthen natural resource management through works that address causes of chronic poverty like drought, deforestation, soil erosion, etc., and thus encourage sustainable development.
- Wages are equal to both men and women.
- Strengthening Panchayat raj institutions.
- Full Wage payment for ensured for Differently Abled Persons.
- Village Panchayat will issue the Job card and Job card holders are entitled for employment.
- Only manual work and no contractors or machinery is allowed.
- Work Site Facilities like Name Board, First Aid Box, Shelter, Drinking Water and Creche are provided.
- Works are selected from Shelf of Project and recommended by Grama Sabha.
- Creating durable assets in Gram panchayats.
- Improvement in Infrastructure facilities in the Village Panchayats in convergence with other department.
- Land Development Activities are taken with Convergence with other departments, which increase the involvement in agriculture.
- Grama Sabha conducts social audit through village social auditors.
- Conducting of Social Audit results in increased transparency and accountability. Since the beneficiaries themselves involve in this audit, this will account to rectification of the flaws in due course of time.
- At present in 2017-18 the wage rate is Rs.205/-.
- Wages paid directly to beneficiaries to bank accounts through E-fms.
a) Public works relating to Natural Resources Management
Water conservation and water Harvesting Structures, Micro and minor Irrigations works and creation, Renovation and Maintenance of Irrigations canals and drains, Renovation of Traditional water bodies, Afforestation, Land Development works and Rural Sanitation.
b) Individual Assets for Vulnerable sections
Land Development activities ( Dug Wells & Farm Ponds), Horticulture, Sericulture & plantation activities, Waste land Development, Construction of houses under IAY& GHS, Construction of Cow, Goat, Poultry Shelters.
c) Common Infrastructure for Self Help Groups
Works for promoting agricultural productivity by creating durable infrastructure required for bio-fertilizers and post – harvest facilities including pucca storage facilities for agricultural produce.
d) Rural Infrastructures
IHHL, Deepening flood channels, construction of Storm Water drain, Construction of VPSC, BPSC, Anganwadi, Food Grain Godowns & Panchayat Office Buildings.
e) Bank Accounts (All workers have covered under Bank account in this District)
- Total Active job card holders : 283361
- Percentage of Bank accounts opened : 100%
|Sl. No.||Block Name||No. of Panchayat||No. of Clusters||No. of Habitations||Total No. of Rural House Holds||Total No. of House Holds Registered|
|Sl. No.||Block Name||No. of Disabled Persons Registered in NREGA||No. of Disabled Persons worked in NREGA (2017 – 2018)||Person Days Generated
(2017 – 2018)
- Social audit has been completed in all 526 Panchayats upto the year 2016-17.
- All the Assets created are now geotagged and uploaded in Bhuvan Software. In Phase I Prior to 01.11.2017 only the completed works were geo tagged.
- In Phase II from 01.11.2017 all the assets are geotagged in 3 stages(Ist Stage : Start of the work, IInd Stage During Execution (30-60% Completion), IIIrd stage After completion).
- Out of Total 283361 Active Workers so far 282455 Nos where seeded in NREGA Website at 99.7 %. Out of this 250549 workers accounts were converted into ABPS(Aadhar Based Payment System) at 89%.